Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dust Off Your Members Only Jacket

Here's the site of the year so far, for those of us for whom Rubik's Cubes, Family Ties and Wham! represented an important cultural cross-section during our formative years. I give you ... Videos of the '80s!

The size of the collection is impressive, although I must say that the U2 selection is very disappointing. It appears that each artist is represented by only one video, which hurts the big acts but is great for the one-hit-wonders. Just check out the Ks: Kate Bush ("Running Up That Hill"), Katrina and the Waves ("Walking on Sunshine" -- of course), and the immortal Kajagoogoo ("Too Shy").

Gotta go now. I want to shoot hoops in the driveway for a while before Mom calls me in for dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They have the Meat Puppets. Very impressive!

Meg said...

Great. Now Jason fights me for the computer. Thanks.