Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Well, Portland and LA Are Both on I-5

A clever artist once gave us "A Parochial New Yorker's View of the World":


Perhaps the view from Ohio is similar. Or, perhaps, the expected first pick in the upcoming NBA draft is simply a product of a short lifetime spent more inside a gym than a classroom. Greg Oden, the hyped Ohio State freshman who is expected to be taken by the Portland TrailBlazers with the number one pick in this summer's draft, recently expressed his excitement about moving out to the Pacific Northwest:

"It's going to be different," he said. "I know it rains a lot. I know it's close to L.A. and I love that. I want to go to L.A. and go to the beach."

So I must ask my Oregon-based family: why don't I see you more often?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Went to the beach..... didn't see you there!