Saturday, September 08, 2007

As I Start To Put Flowers In My Hair

I leave for San Francisco tomorrow, to start work in Oakland on Monday. One might think I would have spent the last week out of work basking in the late summer sun while fretting about the new job.

One would be wrong.

We have been consumed, in thought and action, with the preparation of our house for sale and figuring out how to buy a new house in the Bay Area. We have boxed, painted, pulled carpet, made phone calls, and lost sleep. I have not spent any time worrying about or even thinking about the new job. I'll have time enough to be stressed about it once I get there. Until then, we have an endless list of tasks to complete and not enough time to do it.

I'll share more details in the coming days. Until then, I'll tide you over with a shot of Michael at the edge of Lake Superior in Duluth, where we spent a great weekend participating in the wedding of a dear friend.

No comments: