Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Tool for the Apathetic

Constitutional law is fascinating. Government is intriguing. But politics leaves me cold. I typically approach big election seasons with dread, because, until I absolutely have to decide, I have little to offer to the "who you gonna vote for" discussion. Get back to me after I've had a chance to study the issues and the candidates' stance on them, which will be about half an hour before I step into the voting booth.

Thanks to the magic of the interwebs, however, even the most campaign-averse among us can discover what we really think without even working hard. USA Today has a handy little 11-step quiz that will tell you exactly who you should vote for (note that the categories can be weighted to match your preferences).

Ah, voting without the messy, tedious necessity of thinking. Every day, technology truly is making our lives better.

No comments: