Monday, February 23, 2009

Party Like It's 1997

Having not joined the working world until 1996, I did not join the world of personal financial investments until 1997 or so. As the stock market charged relentlessly upward over the next several years, I found myself regretting that I had not been able to invest more, or had not invested as cleverly as others so as to take advantage of the historic gains of that era

With the word coming today in the stock market has returned to 1997 levels, I can take some perverse solace in knowing that in the end, I didn't miss out on anything.

So now I can’t wait for the next bubble – I’m ready this time! Wait, you mean there is not going to be another bubble anytime soon to increase the theoretical, spreadsheet-only wealth of unsophisticated investors? That’s so unfair.

No comments: