Thursday, September 30, 2004

Okay, About the Name

Here's the theory. You see, there's this famous guitar player in an Irish rock band whose innovations and style became the soundtrack to the latter days of my youth, and continue to this day, really. I'm not that guy. I do, however, share his given (as opposed to chosen) name. Just so there's no confusion, I wanted to make clear that this isn't written by him. So stop snooping around my garbage cans.

Ironically, I hear that he lives in Malibu now, so actually, I am a little near the Edge, some of the time.

Then, of course, there is the Yes connection. I'm not one of those guys either. I may sing high on occasion, but, c'mon. That's ridiculous.

Also, I'm a pretty cautious, middle-of-the-road sort in many ways. I would not describe myself as being "out there" in most respects. More importantly, nobody I know would describe me that way, even if in my own head I thought I were a wild and crazy guy. See? So it works on multiple levels. I went to college for four years to achieve that level of sophistication.

So, prepare yourself for entry after entry of non-controversial pablum!

No comments: