Thursday, September 30, 2004

Yeah, Me Too

So here I am, several years behind the curve. I was introduced to blogs by Lileks, and had to actually Google the term "blog" to figure out what it meant. That's how long ago it was, long before blogs had become so mainstream that they had become the object of derision, as well as a prominent force in a Presidential election.

I could have been on the vanguard, blogging before anyone knew what it was about. I faced a fundamental problem, however: I really didn't have much to say. So many people say so much about so many things, and some say it so well. Why bother? I get plenty of enjoyment out of reading others' ruminations about the lofty and mundane.

Recently, however, I've had thoughts. Not necessarily profound thoughts, but thoughts that I didn't see expressed elsewhere. And if there's one thing the internet accomplishes, it is that no thought need go unexpressed, for good or ill. So I'll throw my hat in the ring. I'll probably close up shop within three years, which will probably be 18 months after the blog boom will be declared officially over. So be it. If anyone other than me and Andy read this thing, I'll be happy and surprised anyway.

No comments: