Wednesday, March 09, 2005

New Possibilities

As Chris noted in a comment to the clock post below, my birthday was last week. Not just any birthday, though. It is perhaps the second most significant birthday of my life, after gaining the vote at age 18. What could possibly be so momentous?

Marketing.

I have dropped out of the coveted 18-to-34 demographic upon which networks build their schlocky schedules and to which manufacturers of everything from soup to cell phones direct their advertising efforts. MTV will now have nothing to do with me (although that became a mutual decision several years ago). Nothing but ads for Buicks and Propecia from now on, I guess.

Well, there is one other little consequence of my birthday that has some significance: I can now be President of the United States.

Don't hold your breath waiting for my campaign contribution letters to arrive in your mailbox.

No comments: