Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Fantasy Baseball Regular Season Wrap-Up

In order to allow for fantasy playoffs, the fantasy league regular season is shorter than the real season. Our league's regular season ended Sunday. Who was the regular season champ, you ask? Why, that would be me!

After a couple of soft weeks during the summer where I even lost my lead for a short time, I finished strong. I ended up with an 18.5 game lead, which, when adjusted down to a 162 game schedule, would be the equivalent of an 8 game lead in the real world. Winning at a .603 clip, my team won the equivalent of 98 regular season games. Very solid. As well it should be, what with Albert Pujols, Derek Lee, David Ortiz, Roger Clemens and Roy Oswalt on the team.

I have a bye this week in the first round of the playoffs. I hate fantasy playoffs, though. One bad week from a couple of my guys and I become the 116 game winning Seattle Mariners, or the Atlanta Braves of each of the last 13 years except one.

I experienced this with my fantasy football team last year: great regular season, complete flameout in the playoffs. That shouldn't be a problem this year, though; I don't think I'll be within shouting distance of the playoffs.

No comments: