Thursday, July 26, 2007

Neglect

I've been distracted and preoccupied lately, both in action and thought. More on that to come soon, maybe. In the meantime, I have allowed my fantasy baseball teams to lie fallow, which is undoubtedly a matter of great consternation to all of you. Ironically, as seems to be the case every year, the team that was drafted by computer is doing pretty well, while the team I drafted personally has lately fallen precipitously in the standings. Player injuries have taken their usual toll, but I blame the front office for its failure to scout and identify a whole team's worth of new talent that has prospered in the major leagues this year. The team should just fire the general manager and be done with it. I should rename the team Groucho's Guppies, and a adopt a suitably Marxian motto: I would not want to be a part of any team that would have me as its general manager.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

American workplace productivity is slumping, resulting in inflation fears. For what it's worth, one of the primary causes of the productivity dip is that "fantasy baseball teams can't manage themselves." This comes directly from the current issue of the national edition of "the Onion." So, you're covered -- get your attention back on your teams.

The headline story in the Business section of the same issue: Acquisition of 3-Hole Punch Triples Intern's Productivity.