Wednesday, June 25, 2008

One Flight More


Tomorrow I will take my 63rd, and last, flight between Oakland and Burbank since mid-September. It is a measure of Southwest Airlines' competence that while I have grown tired of the fact that I had to travel every weekend, I have never grown tired of the travel itself.

Southwest may take its knocks as the Greyhound of the skies, but for my purposes the flight schedule offers a lot of flexibility and prices are market-best. Plus, its people know their business and do it well. It is not overstating the matter to say that Southwest kept our family together.

I won't miss my weekend flights, but I'll always be grateful that I had them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

63 trips? Wow. Now, how many hours were you in the air during that time?

Dave said...

A little over 54 and a half hours. Short flights like that are really tolerable. Especially with two (not one, not three) packs of roasted peanuts.