Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Picking up the Pace

A great American once said, it's always darkest ... just before they turn the lights on. Our house has not been in such disarray since before we started clearing things out for our open houses back in Septebmer. The pieces are all starting to fall together, though. Over the course of the weekend, we had a garage sale:


Cheryl and her mom did all the work (a ton of preparation went into it), and the kids sold a lot of lemonaid and iced tea.

Meanwhile, I continued to pack our storage unit:




Other than wishing I could make a quick trip to the surface of the sun so that I could cool off a bit, the weekend was quite a success. The basement (i.e., Home of the Forgotten Boxes) has been cleared out, the garage has been roughly sorted out between giveaway and keeper items, and the rooms inside the house have been pared down to their essentials. The truck arrives next Wednesday, and after what will certainly be a long day of cleaning, we will be done.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...That umbrella in the garage sale pic looks strangely familiar...

Dave said...

It was a cheapie, but we've gotten good mileage out of it.

Meg said...

Tell me you're not moving yourselves!!! That truck that's coming has people in it, right? People with boxes and tape and a clipboard and such?

Been there, done that...no fun. Congrats on the yard sale, lot's of work, but usually surprisingly good results!

Andy said...

I don’t think you realize this, but the surface of the sun is actually very hot. In fact, if you went there, you would die within a few hours. You really should learn about science so you don’t make mistakes like this.

So have you come to an agreement with the new owners? I mean, I’m free to come and sleep on their couch whenever I’m down in Glendale, right? I hope you got that clause into the contract.

Dave said...

I'll just leave you an extra key so you can drop in whenever you need a place to crash. I'm sure they won't mind.

Anonymous said...

I have to mention that Dave may have missed his calling. When the sales rep for our move came out yesterday to check out the SAM to make sure we didn't have it overcrowded or out of control, he was truly stunned and impressed by the professional quality packing that Dave did. He stepped back and commented more than once what a good job it was. I can recall Dave's dad coming to help us move from our first apartment to our first condo using a UHaul (I think that's what it was) and how expertly he packed that. It must be hereditary.