Monday, July 07, 2008

Almost Home

We spent all last week preparing for our move. We have now relocated ourselves to Northern California, and the truck with half of our lives in it will arrive tomorrow morning.

There are many stories and pictures to share, but we will not have internet access at the house until next week. The related thought for the day: when literally everyone you ask curses the name, nay, the very existence of the local cable company, do not be surprised when your installation process is clumsy, confusing, exasperating and expensive. I hope that the actual service we receive will be better than our initial experience.

I lapse into irrationality that way sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see Comcast is your only option as well. When I got my cable installed in Virginia it took 4 trips for them to finally do it. On top of that, after they installed the cable, we had to go to the Comcast office and switch the box out because they did not have a HDMI box with them. at least I got a year of HBO and Starz out of them.