Saturday, March 28, 2009

Travelog

Although I have somehow resisted the urge to gush, the iPhone I have had for the last seven months has exceeded my expectations in just about every way (AT&T's propensity to drop calls is the only significant drawback).

One unexpectedly fun benefit of the device derives from the ease with which pictures can be taken and sent. Just like the businessman in the AT&T commercial, whenever I travel now I take photographs of random things and send them home. It provides a fun way for the family to share a little bit of what I'm doing when I'm away.

I'll take shots of the building in which I'm spending the day (Costa Mesa last fall):


Or the meal I'm enjoying on the client's tab:


Or the treats with which I'm spoiling myself:


Or the view from the conference room (northern Las Vegas earlier this week):


Or the view from the airplane (over the Sierras):



It's not a critical function, but a fun one, and one that helps me stay in touch with home when I'm away.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I always made fun of cell phones that were barely phones, but I use the camera in my (non-i)phone all the time.

Those are fun shots! What does it say about me though that my first thought on your "treat" photo was, "wow that hotel bed looks comfy"? Yeah, time for a nap.

Todd said...

You're not really using your iPhone until you "Tweet" from it.