Monday, May 11, 2009

The Most Exotic Fish Market Ever

Alton Brown is one of my favorite television personalities (admittedly, that is not a long list). He is the creator, producer and star of Good Eats, a witty and very informative cooking show that has run on Food Network for almost ten years. We have cooked a number of his recipies, and I have learned any number of kitchen techniques and cooking theories through his show and cookbooks.

He will be in our general area this weekend, speaking and cooking at a well-to-do function centered around protecting the environment through responsible food development. Sounds like a fun time, but for one thing: it's at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

So come to the aquarium for the dazzling exhibits, which just happen to be good eats!


There is something inherently wrong with the image, on an aquarium website, of fish grilling.

3 comments:

Meg said...

First of all, that's incredibly wrong. And I'm actually surprised the aquarium would want to sponser/host that!

Second of all, Alton Brown??? He's one of the most annoying TV guys out there!!! Good Eats is the only Food Network show I race to turn off. Now, Guy Fieri with Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives? http://www.foodnetwork.com/diners-drive-ins-and-dives/index.html

Now THAT I'll watch for hours. Hmmmm...I'm thinking you probably eat healthier than I do.

Cheryl said...

So, are you suggesting that you want to go to this? Is the admission fee to the aquarium all that is necessary?

Dave said...

No, I'm not interested in going. Unless they are going to grill one of the resident swordfish. Mmm.

Megan: we could not be more different in our assessment of Food Network "talent." However, I'll gladly (with just a dash of guilt) partake of any diner, drive-in and diner food.