Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Chairman of the Board

That's not some clever pun leading into a discussion of the raw utility of certain IKEA seating products. As of recently, it is my title at church. I have been on the board for almost five years, and have been the vice-chairman for the last three. Our chairman had to step down for the sake of his health, and I was elected by the other board members to assume the post. I respect those men tremendously, and I know that they have confidence in me, but I still can't shake a little of the Groucho Marx feeling of being concerned about being a member of any club that would have me as a member.

This comes at a somewhat tumultuous time: the search for a senior pastor is ongoing, and budgetary issues may have to be dealt with. I'm surrounded by good people with good judgment, but big decisions must still be made. Plus, I'm already getting many more phone calls than I used to, about all sorts of things. If you are so inclined, please pray for me and my family. If you are not so inclined, please at least pull for me! (And we'll talk about your inclinations some other time!)

No comments: